Hard Goods and Consumer Goods Packaging
This position statement outlines what is expected of a DePaul Industries team member functioning in this role. All DePaul positions are required to align their activities and decisions with the company Mission of helping people with disabilities have the opportunity to work. This includes ensuring that disability ratios are maintained at 75% in DePaul Industries and 50% in DePaul Services.
If at any time an employee needs accommodation to execute the functions and/or physical activities of the position, they must contact their supervisor or the Human Resources department.PRIMARY PURPOSE:
The Logistics Manager will help direct and manage all shipping and receiving; facilitate the conversation with our online vendors to assist in any needs they may have.
The Logistics Manager will work out of our Fort Rock Tactical plant in NE Portland. Job responsibilities are relatively broad in scope and impact. Will have direct report responsibility to onsite management for logistics as well as the Project Managers and President of the Consumer Goods Division for sales communications.
- Assist in directing, coordinating and facilitating the daily incoming and outgoing of goods in our MRP software system.
- Assist in directing, coordinating and facilitating the purchasing of production materials with the use of our MRP software system.
- Be always looking for cost savings in the purchasing of bulk goods.
- Attend to new or existing customer calls and/or emails in order to answer questions, get them quotes, provide samples, etc.
- Ability to communicate with a variety of people and personalities.
- Must be able to make quick decisions on the spot and support those decisions to your peers, employees, and plant leadership.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and multi-task with ease.
- Ability to acquaint yourself with the governmental contract world and comfort in working with our military sales partnerships.
- Results orientation with track record of successful achievements.
- Ability to influence a positive employee environment.
- Ability to drive safety & safe behaviors while maintaining the goal of preventing all injuries.
- Perform administrative tasks when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Embrace/foster new questions, change, and innovation within the workplace.
- Seek new ways to collaborate and cooperate with departmental employees, co-workers, and other business partners to achieve outcomes that benefit the organization and its customers.
- Communicate in a clear and transparent manner with all organizational team members.
- Consistently execute duties and decisions in a timely and efficient manner.
- Approach workplace decisions from a customer service point-of-view, actively eliciting the needs of external, as well as internal, customers.
- Continually look for opportunities to improve, to acquire new knowledge and skills, and participate in workplace training opportunities.
- Act professionally at all times. Ensure that tone of voice, language, appearance, and conversations are office-appropriate.
- Accept responsibility for the execution of essential functions and be accountable for all actions.
- Demonstrates excellent skills in analytical reasoning with a high degree of skill and accuracy working with calculations and numbers.
- Attention to detail and the ability to follow through on a variety of complex processes are necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential, including oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills, strong attention to detail and ability to handle changing priorities with a sense of urgency.
SKILLS & PHYSICAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Can read, write, and communicate verbally in English.
- Can stand and/or sit for up to eight hours per day.
- Able to use telephone with or without the use of TDD.
- Possesses manual dexterity for operation of keyboard.
- Can lift, carry, push or pull up to 50bs. on an infrequent basis.
- Able to perform occasional bending, stooping, twisting, and reaching.
- Must be able to drive a motor vehicle.
- Must be able to provide proof of a good driving record and requisite insurance.
- Has visual acuity needed for close detail work and computer use.
- Has regular, timely, and predictable attendance.
- Can convey and receive detailed or important instructions or information.
- Demonstrates ability to deal with and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, and work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Maintains a high level of concentration while handling multiple priorities/tasks.
- Able to function flexibly and cooperatively in a high-stress, multi-task environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to understand and meet deadlines.
- Able to recognize problems and proactively research solutions.
- Able to analyze data to detect unexpected results that may indicate errors or which require additional follow-up.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Able to represent the organization to customers and vendors in a professional manner.
- Cell phone
- Independent transportation to travel to/from Fort Rock Tactical headquarters.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2-4 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment with experience in estimating and purchasing.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in team management.
- Combined experience and/or education that would demonstrate the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to meet the requirements of this position.
TO APPLY:Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com